Bellavista Lodge: April 12, 2008

Having just spent a beautiful, and productive, day birding in the Tandayapa Valley, I realized that I needed to share my experiences birding in Ecuador. . . with random strangers I'll never meet.  Somehow seeing a White-faced Nunbird made this perfectly clear.  Returning to the Lodge late in the afternoon and watching the few guides there clean hummingbird feeders, I knew either no one would care or believe me that I saw this stunning and rare bird.  Strangers might, though, or at least they could glean a modicum of hope or inspiration from my experience.  Hence, this blog was created, its raison d'etre established.  

Birding Ecuador, I can't believe the name wasn't taken yet.

Notable birds seen: White-Faced Nunbird, Toucan Barbet, Plate-Billed Mountain Toucan, Common Potoo, Masked Trogon, Spillmann's Tapaculo, Beryl-Spangled Tanager, Golden-Naped Tanager, Red-Billed Parrot, Green and Black Fruiteater, Sepia Brown Wren, Crimson-Mantled Woodpecker, Pearled Treerunner, Flame-Faced Tanager. 

No comments:

Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites